the full continuum of Respiratory & Cardiology services
The goal of the Cardiopulmonary Department is to improve patients’ cardiac and respiratory functioning through a full continuum of cardiopulmonary care.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Electroencephalograms (EEGs)
- Electromyograms (EMGs)
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG)
- Cardiac Pacemaker check/interrogation
- 24-Hour Holter Monitor and Scanning
- Cardiovascular stress testing by treadmill
- Chemical stress testing with Lexiscan
- Dobutamine Stress Test
- Routine Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Pulmonary function testing and ventilators
The Cardiopulmonary staff assesses patient needs on a daily basis and participates in discharge planning. They also assist in making arrangements for necessary home respiratory medical equipment when ordered by the physician. The team includes respiratory therapists, ECG technicians, and sonographers who speak, English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese and Tagalog.